Peanut Cinnamon Crepes
With Cherry Quark
Doesn’t the name of this breakfast dish simply sound amazing? I mean… Peanut and cinnamon flavored crepes filled with deliciously creamy cherry quark. Sounds like something you don’t want to miss out on, right?
The funny thing about this recipe is that it was my first crepe recipe I ever created and until today it’s still the best. Usually, I test recipes multiple times with slight alterations before I upload them to my blog but this one was a straight shot. The combination of creamy cherry curd and warm, chewy peanut-cinnamon crepes is to die for.
Since I started getting into crepes a few weeks ago, I’ve made them several times. Each time I used the same base recipe (buckwheat flour, peanut flour) and played around with the measurements. Just to come back to this recipe in the end. 😀
Well, that’s how things go sometimes!
The crepes recipe
The peanut flour I used for this recipe is by Koro. Make sure to check out their online shop and don’t forget to use the code FRUITFAIRY for 5% off.
I tried other brands but this one is clearly the best. Compared to whole peanuts, it’s extremely low in fat (7g) and high in protein: 50g per 100g! It tastes so good I sometimes eat it straight with some soy yogurt.
In this post, I also give you a recipe for homemade soy quark. If you can find soya quark at your local health store, you can use it instead of soy yogurt + psyllium husks. If it’s not sweetened, make sure to add some additional sweetener if you need to.
As always, I encourage you to experiment with this recipe to create your new favourite breakfast. Try using blueberries instead of cherries for example… or white chocolate and raspberries…
If you remake any of my recipes and upload a picture, make sure to tag #HealthyFairyFood for a chance to be featured!
Peanut Cinnamon Crepes With Cherry Quark
For the batter
- 60 g buckwheat flour
- 15 g peanut flour
- 2 tsp starch
- 150 g sparkling water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the soy quark
- 200 g soy yogurt
- 1 tsp psyllium husks
- some frozen cherries
- vanilla drops (optional)
- cacao nibs
- dark chocolate
- maple sirup
- Take the cherries out of the freezer and let them defrost. Alternatively, defrost them in a small pan on low heat slowly.
- Combine all ingredients for the batter and let it rest for a few minutes.
- To make the cherry quark, combine soy yogurt with a few defrosted cherries and psyllium husks. Let it sit while you make the crepes.
- To cook the crepes, place a non-stick pan over a low heat. When it’s hot, pour in a small amount of the batter, spread it with a tablespoon using circular motions, and cook the first side until slightly golden brown.
- Flip the crepe over and continue with the rest of the batter when the first crepe is done.
- Spread some cherry quark on the crepes, roll them in and place them on a plate with some extra cherries, chocolate and cacao nibs.
- Tip: Drizzle some maple sirup on top or serve with 1 banana for a sweeter version.